Friday, December 12, 2014

When the Fog Rolls In...

Where will you be when I’m 53?
Will you write a letter or die of disease?
It’s these thoughts that swim through my mind,
Of all these people & places & space & time

Open floodgates of love to bright, blue, springs,
Then a season of sorrow ruined everything…
Where were you when winter froze?
Did you bury your head under a mountain of snow?
Or sit by the fire, warm, but all alone?
When the fog comes rolling in…
When the fog comes rolling in…

I guess that’s how the story goes…
You sing the songs that no one knows,
You live your life and you write a line,
But you can’t stop or change the time.
So you just sit back and let the fog roll in
… you need it every now and then…
… to sit back, slow & let the "Neil" sink in…

And where did all the time go…
All the time that just seems to move so slow…
… I guess I lost track of time…

Are the answers revealed in my dreams?
All coded in pictures and hidden meanings,
Or will I wake to find, its all been lost in sleep,
Or is that just the plot of my favorite movie?

And the moon sits behind a broken, grey, sky
But all that I can see are beautiful brown eyes.
I feel the warmth of your smile on a cypress breeze
& I’m lost in thought as I move through the streets,
When the fog comes rolling in…
When the fog comes rolling in…

No comments:

Post a Comment